1. Video one completed! There is No Try.
2. Natasja is here for video 2: Angels...
(some technical difficulties during Angels, but I think we're back in business.)
3. HHNF: Elle & Webb suffer together!
4. ISLAGIATT: And Lenny is in the house! Webb looking strong...
5. Dan has arrived and Revolver is.....revolving.
6. It's a fight! It's Fight Club! Webb inches ever closer to knighthood...
7. Emily is heading for a Downward Sprial, Webb leading the way. (Note: Elle stepped in, since Emily ran the BAA 1/2 marathon earlier today)
8. B-B-B-Blender!!!!!! Elle & Webb, suffering together together again.
9. So Wretched. Quads, aching. Sit bones, burning. Under-regions, throbbing. Enjoy, Michelle.
10. Elle & Webb - with the big finish by going to A Very Dark Place where Webb will achieve Sufferlandrian knighthood....
Sir Webb Brightwell has arrived!!!!!!!!
Attempt at Knighthood of Sufferlandriafor Water.org
To do that he will need to complete at least 10 of TheSufferfest.com’s indoor cycling workouts back-to-back with no more than 10 minutes separating each. Those of you who are familiar with TheSufferfest.com know how wonderfully hard the workouts are. The sessions range from 45 minutes to 2 hours each, which basically means he will be on his bike for more than 11 hours. It will be the hardest one-day endurance event he has ever attempted.
Obviously proper hydration will be critical to success. Perhaps less obvious will be how critical it is that our bathroom is a mere 15-foot walk. We do not take such easy access to clean water and sanitary waste systems for granted. It is also not lost on us that undertaking such suffering is a choice we make. It is why we joined Team Water.org.
We joined Team Water.org in 2012 after watching “Running the Sahara” and meeting Team Captain Kyle Damon at the Multisport Expo at MIT. It was a natural fit. Endurance training is arduous, yet it is still a choice we make. Indeed it is a luxury. We do not wake everyday in extreme poverty, lack access to plumbing or are confronted with a 6km (3.7 miles) walk to get water for the household (the average distance a person walks in the developing world to get clean water). Sadly this a daily reality for millions. While this is a daunting thought, Water.org has done an amazing job of providing access to clean water and sanitation efficiently and effectively. Each $25 donation provides water for someone - for life.
To help Webb get through this endeavor we are going to have a Sufferfestival where people can join in the workouts. It doesn't matter where you live or train, you can take part. In the next couple of weeks we will post the schedule of workouts below. UPDATE: Just pick any workout on the schedule below. To participate, we only ask that you do one of these two options:
UPDATE: A big, big thanks to www.cyclingtraining.ws for the support. Do yourselves a favor and check out their website. There is some great nutritional information and gear reviews AND buy some Skratch from them!
Schedule of Suffering
Workouts below are linked to trailers. You can view all of TheSufferfest.com's trailers on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/thesufferfest Spots marked Reserved are, well, um, reserved by someone who will be riding next to me. That doesn't mean you cannot join me in the agony of your own torture chamber.